Selecting a name is one of the most exciting components of starting up a company.
The only problem with picking the name of your company is that so much rides on your organization name. It is a little like picking a name for your baby. It is no simpler picking a name for your company than it is selecting a name for the baby.
What is in a company name?
You would like your company name to have a huge effect on people. This, then, will have a large effect on your marketplace. A name that is too far out may make it tough to brand. A name that is too common and generic is easily ignored. Naming your company Sarah’s Cookies can make all the sense in the world for you. Generally, however, your name means very little to your clients as it says nothing memorable or of differentiation.
The key to choosing a great name for your business is to create it memorable. Make it distinctive. Do not make it silly or cute. Your title must reflect your market niche and identity as a way to attain your customer base easily. So do not mess this up
Five Popular Business Naming Trends to Avoid
- Do not abbreviate your company name. Though it may make communication and correspondence simpler, acronyms are sterile.
- Avoid anything that ends in international, Venture, Orin. They are passé.
- Avoid using your name. Build your brand on your company, not on your title. That way, should you choose to sell your company daily, it is going to be much easier to sell?
- Do not hyphenate your organization name. It makes remembering and writing it difficult. Additionally, a hyphenated web name is tough to read.
- Avoid geographical names unless you are trying to create a strong local affinity. The title Willow Oak Centre for Arts and Learning in Robertson County works because this is a company targeted specifically for Robertson County.
When you have found your title, consider trade marking it via the Patent and Trademark Office and registering it through the Secretary of State offices. Look after business naming and branding agency reviews. If your company works on the Internet, bear in mind that domain names are not registered through local or state authorities, so just registering them in domain registration websites is not sufficient to guard your business name.
There is more to naming your company than just coming up with something which sounds great, is smart, or you just happen to like. Naming your Business is a serious issue. Your Company name reflects your image, your Brand, and your place in the marketplace. Because your company name is crucial to your overall branding achievement and promotion efforts, make your business name count.